1 litres of milk Required tools:
½ litres of soured milk (buttermilk, soured milk or yoghurt)
Collander or sieve
- Bring the whole milk to a boil in a pot - stir to keep it from burning.
- In the very moment it boils, take it off the heat and add the soured milk while carefully stirring a few times to mix in the milk.
- After a little while, the milk transforms into a lumpy curd.
- Drain the curd in a sieve or collander lined with cheesecloth.
- After draining it - the cheese is ready to be savoured.
Season it with fresh herbs or spices to taste - or you could even smoke it.