1 liter of milkRequired tools:
1 tbsp. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Pour the milk in to a pot.
- Add lemon juice or apple-cider vinegar to the milk and slowly heat the milk to a little below boiling point whilst carefully stirring it.
- Take the milk off the heat and allow to settle for 1-2 hours until the whey has separated out.
- Run the curd through a cheese cloth and let it drain there until the texture seems right and dry. The cheese is then ready to be savoured.
- Alternatively, you may scoop the curd in to a mould and add a little pressure to help the cheese form and get a firmer structure. Then cool the cheese.
The pressed cheese (Paneer) can be eaten as is, or you may fry it on a pan with a little oil added.
Serve the cheese as it is or season it to taste with salt, herbs or cumin.